MEASUREMENT GUIDE COLLARS
Charming Couture has the right size collar for every dog. Our handmade collars are available in six sizes and have a different width per size. Each collar has a comfortable width tailored to the size of the dog. Although this is a website mainly for dachshunds, we have designed products that are very suitable for other dog breeds. For your breed, regardless of age or size, please measure the neck circumference as described below to determine the correct size collar.
Wondering which size of our collars suits your dog best?
To be sure, measure the neck circumference, measured in the middle of the neck. Use a flexible tape measure for this, which connects to the fur during the measurement, but do not pull the tape too tight. It is important that your dog can move comfortably while wearing the collar. Therefore add 2 centimeters (0.8 inches) to the measured neck circumference and you have determined the correct size for a well-fitting collar from Charming Couture. With this size, look for the right size collar in the size chart below.
Follow the green line for the correct position of the measuring tape for measuring the neck circumference.
SIZE GUIDE COLLARS
|Collar size||Adjustable from (centimeters)||Adjustable from (inches)||Collar width (centimeters)||Collar width (inches)||Most commonly fits|
|XS||15 to 23 cm||5.9 to 9.1 inch||1,5 cm||0.5 inch||Puppies|
|S-Slim||23 to 31 cm||9.1 to 12.2 inch||1.5 cm||1.5 inch||Rabbit size and miniature dachshunds|
|S||23 to 31 cm||9.1 to 12.2 inch||2,0 cm||0.8 inch||Rabbit size and miniature dachshunds|
|M||31 to 39 cm||12.2 to 15.4 inch||2,5 cm||1.0 inch||Miniature dachshunds, standard size dachshunds and other small to medium sized breeds. For example, a beagle|
|L||39 to 47 cm||15.4 to 18.5 inch||2.5 cm||1.0 inch||Medium sized to large breeds. For example, a weimaraner|
|XL||47 to 55 cm||18.5 to 21.7 inch||2.5 cm||1.0 inch||Large breeds. For example, a Great Dane|
All collars are adjustable with a distance of two centimeters/ 0.8 inches between the holes.
TIPS & TRICKS
- Please round up half centimeters.
- Do not determine the neck size by measuring the old collar! At Charming Couture we have designed our own custom collar collection with matching custom sizes.
- You don't have your puppy at home yet, but you want to prepare for his or her arrival? Ask the breeder to measure the neck size of your future new furry friend. Add 2 centimeters/ 0.8 inches and choose the correct size collar based on the table above.
- Does your dachshund's size only just fit into the very last hole of a collar size? Please take a larger size. The size of the collars is designed with a small similarity between the sizes of the collars.
- Our collection of collars is designed with dachshunds in mind, but of course also suitable for other breeds and puppies!
- Your size or preference is not listed? Don't worry, please let us know! We collect the most common sizes so that we can design a new size based on the entered preferences in the future.
SIZING GUIDE LEASHES
|Width||Length||Most commonly fits|
|1,0 cm (o.4 inches)||160 cm (63 inches)||Puppies and other size breeds up to 15 kg|
|1,5 cm (0.6 inches)||160 cm (63 inches)||Breeds from 15 kg and more|
The size chart listed above is a guideline. Choose the right width for the right size dog.
Need some sizing advice? Please do not hesitate to contact us! We have 15+ years of experience with dachshunds of various sizes.
We are happy to assist you.