A COAT WITH THE BEST FIT FOR YOUR DACHSHUND
With the arrival of our standard coat collection, ordering a coat for your dachshund is a lot easier and faster. To easily choose the right size for your dachshund, we have prepared a measurement guide below. For our standard coat collection, you only need two measurements of your dachshund to choose the right size: the back length and the chest size. Our sizing is based on the back length of your dachshund. For example, in size 36 S, the 36 stands for the back length in centimeters in combination with a small chest size. Below the measurement guide is a handy calculator that generates the best fitting size, based on the entered measurements of your dachshund.
USEFUL FOR MEASUREMENT:
- Have your dachshund stand on all 4 legs while measuring, so do not measure sitting or lying down.
- The drawing on the side serves as a reference during measuring.
- Use a flexible tape to measure.
- Do not pull the tape measure too tight, your dachshund must be able to move comfortably in the coat.
- Easily enter both sizes in the calculator below and check them carefully.
- Wiggly dachshund? Measuring with two people can help; one holds a treat for the dachshund while the other measures.
- Don't forget the reward cookie afterwards! :-)
WHICH SIZES DO YOU TAKE?
The following steps explain how best to measure your dachshund. Don't worry, it's done easily and quickly! Round up any half centimeters. Use the above drawing as a reference for the position of the tape measure.
- First of all, the back length: you measure this from between the shoulder blades (two nodules can be felt) to one centimeter before the tail, so that the dog can also easily sit in the coat, wag it's tail and go for walkies.
- Then the chest circumference: around the chest, measured directly behind the front legs.
- Finished? Fill it in! Use the size calculator to determine the best coat size for your dachshund. The size chart below is for reference purposes.
Enter the measurements of your dachshund below to determine the best coat size. It is possible that the calculator gives multiple sizes as a match for your dachshund. When in doubt, we recommend choosing the coat size with the longest back length. Does the calculator not indicate a size? Scroll down for support in determining the best fitting size.
SIZE CHART COAT COLLECTION
|Size:||Back length:||Most common for:|
|30 S||30 cm||Puppy or small rabbit sized dachshund|
|30 M||30 cm||Rabbit sized dachshund|
|33||33 cm||Large rabbit sized dachshund or small miniature|
|36 S||36 cm||Miniature dachshund with small chest size|
|36 M||36 cm||Miniature dachshund|
|39 S||39 cm||Large miniature dachshund or small standard size dachshund|
|39 M||39 cm||Small standard sized dachshund|
|42||42 cm||Standard sized dachshund|
|45||45 cm||Large standard sized dachshund|
Please note: the description above for who would fit which coat is only an indication. Measuring is knowing!
Therefore, always measure the dachshund to determine the best-fitting coat size.
NEED MORE HELP SELECTING THE RIGHT SIZE?
In some cases, the calculator finds it difficult to determine the correct coat size. Dachshunds come in many shapes and sizes! Especially with younger dachshunds you see that the combination of chest circumference and back length cannot yet be linked exactly to a fixed size. Often there is still a coat that fits well, but we need some more information to help you choose the right size. Please contact us by using the form below.